Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

My rides

Thinking about tinkering around with building a new strapless toy? Have some feedback about construction, materials, rocker line? Post it here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd, JonModica, tungsten

My rides

Postby too much wind » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:38 am

Hi folks, new to the forum but i thought i'd post up my rides. I make all my own boards, kiteboards and surfboards so here are the boards i'm using at the moment, any comments welcome.

Lightwind wave board for those mushy swells we get here in the uk. I can get going upwind in just under 10knots on this one.
5ft8x20.5x1.175 epoxy quad. Fins have been changed to squre speed dialers since the photos and these are a massive improvement. Unfortunately i had a few issues with the epoxy resin being out of date and delaminating so i decided to make another, this time usung polyester and this one is 5ft8.5 but with an even bigger swallow tail.

The replacement having the fins fitted.

My main wave board 6ft1x18.5x2.25. This board currently has no straps on it although i did ride it for quite a time with straps.

and this one too has lost it straps a 5ft 7 thruster, one of my first boards i made.

I hope you like the boards.

TMW
too much wind
Grom

Share |

Re: My rides

Postby tungsten » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:22 am

Hey too_much_wind, welcome in the sticky-fingers-department of LTS! Those are sweet rides! But you're hiding plenty others you did, don't you :D Keep them coming, and do spill your board building tricks for us.

I especially liked this one :D :D :D

cheers, tungsten

fish.jpg
fish.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 32789 times
tungsten
Shredder

Share |

Postby Lonny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 am

Awesome, another rider/shaper sharing his knowledge here. Nice boards TMW. Tungsten, and all of us are going to enjoy seeing your projects. :D

The blue 5' 7" thruster looks sweet, but it looks like to could also stab you to death. Careful riding that puppy strapless. When you get separated from your board, surfboards have an odd way of the nose being pushed straight into you by the next wave. Might want to tone that nose down a bit or put a nose protector on it. Just a thought...

Keep the pics coming!
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby too much wind » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:22 am

Lonny wrote:The blue 5' 7" thruster looks sweet, but it looks like to could also stab you to death. Careful riding that puppy strapless. When you get separated from your board, surfboards have an odd way of the nose being pushed straight into you by the next wave.

Don't they just and cheers for the welcome and comments. Already got a few dings in my helmet from the blue one. Going to be looking for tips on boosting strapless airs soon, managed a few tidlers so far off the tops of waves but need to go bigger.
Plus will be happy to offer advice on board building, made about 60 boards so far, mostly surfboards. The next project though will be a mutant, carbon, epoxy lay-up and vac bagged.

TMW
too much wind
Grom

Share |

Return to Build it and they will ride...