Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Cabrinha "Nugget"?

What new gear are you riding strapless? What is up and coming that we don't know about?

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Cabrinha "Nugget"?

Postby Kitesmurf » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:37 pm

hmmmm....looks like a wakeskate-ish barndoor-ish, .....

From Todd:
"There is a skate, but it's not in the photos that I can see. The Nugget is what see. It has volume and a epoxy surfboard construction with a full 3D deck pad. It's symmetrical tip to tip and rail to rail, but has a 1 and 3 fin setup on either tip and a flip tail on the pad on one end. It's fun to freestyle in anything from flatwater to choppy small surf, you can surf it too - it feels like a longboard. It's a pretty sick strapless freestyle board. I believe it's coming with FCS fin boxes and wake fins, but any FCS fins will work on this board. Strapless is pretty custom depending on what the rider is looking for, so this board has a ton of options on how to set it up and what conditions to ride."
nugget.jpg
nugget.jpg (41.85 KiB) Viewed 30565 times
nugget2.jpg
nugget2.jpg (30.97 KiB) Viewed 30562 times
Kitesmurf
Getting Wet

Share |

Re: Cabrinha "Nugget"?

Postby Todd » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:24 am

The Nugget is a weird mix of lots of different boards reincarnated into a symmetric twin tip with volume and no foot straps. It's 4'4, so much bigger than a skate. It has enough volume to surf and with two small FCS side bites, it is super fun in small slop. I use it finned and finless with wake fins, surf fins, whatever. It has a full deck pad so it's cush and easy on the heels. It has more rocker than your traditional twin tip freeride board. It isn't really a light wind board, but with the right fins it works in light wind. Originally, the concept was to make a strapless twin tip freestyle board. There are already wakeskates, so the idea was to put volume in the board and still be able to carve a turn on a wave. The Nugget is a great second board if you want to give up your twin tip alltogether and push your strapless riding into another direction. Get on a 10m or small and you will be blasting some huge strapless airs with grabs off of any small chop. I actually stuck my first backroll on the Nugget. It will be available in September.
Todd
Shredder

Share |

Re: Cabrinha "Nugget"?

Postby sundogchicky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:29 pm

i keep going through all of gunners boxes and bags , no nugget. gimme gimme, i need i need !!! :shock: :shock:
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Return to Underground