Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

Kite setup tips/tricks

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Kite setup tips/tricks

Postby megaloopy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Hey guys, does anyone know of any tweak(s) I can do to the RPM to make them more wave-friendly? I ride 2015's (12/9 quiver) and I really like them just wish they were a bit more drifty, I don't have any realf beef with how the kite behaves except if I'm not paying attention and ride too fast towards it and forget to loop it or simply keep it moving is in the water and when I notice ontime seems like it doesn't recover as quick I recently read somewhere that setting up the bridals to wakestyle mode on another kite brand would help them drift better cause it sit more in instead of forward which should I guess it help drift, so I set my quiver up this way to test but waiting for some wind, but any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
megaloopy
Grom

Share |

Postby laosmataoan » Sat May 07, 2022 10:22 am

Hey, do you have already an idea to make them more wave-friendly? special occasions photo booth
laosmataoan
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby valsoansalosn » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:49 am

At constant speed and gear ratio the RPM doesn't change. In your case your car is most likely shifting into a lower gear. painting contractors okc
valsoansalosn
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Faith Sarim » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:47 am

It's important to note that making adjustments to your kite can affect its performance and safety. Make sure to consult with a professional or the manufacturer before making any significant changes. Always follow proper safety protocols and use appropriate equipment when kiteboarding. lafayette retrofit spray foam insulation
Faith Sarim
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby SofiaL » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:36 am

The best way to improve your wave riding skills is to practice in waves. Focus on maintaining speed, keeping the kite moving, and making smooth turns to get the most out of your RPM kite.party photo booth rental
SofiaL
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby monimorklea » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:43 pm

It sounds like you are looking to improve the drifty-ness and quick recovery of your RPM kite while riding waves. Here are a few suggestions that you can try:

Adjust your bar throw: You can try to adjust your bar throw, i.e., the length of the depower line, to allow for more depower and less power in the kite. This will give you more control and help the kite drift more easily. You can also try moving your back lines closer to the bar to increase the kite's responsiveness.

Adjust your bridle: You can experiment with the bridle setup by tweaking the attachment points on the kite to achieve the desired level of drift. Moving the attachment points towards the trailing edge will increase the kite's driftability.

Try a smaller size kite: A smaller size kite might help you achieve better drift as it will be easier to control and maneuver in the waves. A smaller kite also tends to have a quicker recovery.

Adjust your riding style: You can try changing your riding style to help the kite drift more easily. For example, instead of riding directly towards the kite, you can ride slightly downwind of the kite to allow it to drift more easily.

Experiment with different fins: Different fins can have a significant impact on the way your board handles in the waves. You can try experimenting with different sizes and shapes of fins to find the setup that works best for you.

I hope these suggestions help you improve the wave-friendliness of your RPM kite. Keep in mind that every kite and rider are different, so it may take some experimentation to find the setup that works best for you. wolfpackhomeimprovement.com/tile-contractor-nj/
monimorklea
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Annasmith » Sat May 06, 2023 11:15 pm

I would recommend consulting with a professional kite technician or experienced rider before making any modifications to your kite, and always prioritize safety when experimenting with different setups.Jacksonville FL artificial grass
Annasmith
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby monimorklea » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:22 pm

Annasmith wrote:I would recommend consulting with a professional kite technician or experienced rider before making any modifications to your kite, and always prioritize safety when experimenting with different setups.tile remodeler NJ

This is also correct!
monimorklea
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby cupcake » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:09 am

A smaller kite also tends to have a quicker recovery.Melbourne landscaping
cupcake
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby cupcake » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:32 am

Always follow proper safety protocols and use appropriate equipment when kiteboarding. mold removal Kauai
cupcake
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby consuelafox » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:24 pm

A professional or the product's maker should be consulted before making any significant adjustments. driveways hamilton nz
consuelafox
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby monimorklea » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:02 am

Forget to loop it or simply keep it moving is in the water. www.roofrepairsauckland.co.nz/
monimorklea
Getting Wet

Share |

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard