Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Skim Alternatives

This is the place to talk about riding styles, tricks, conditions, what works, what doesn't on your skimboard. Wondering about what skimboard to get for kiting? Post it all here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

Skim Alternatives

Postby tryinghard » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Hey crew,

I am currently riding a Nobile skim and love it but recently tried an Underground Kipuna and found it rode pretty amazing. Problem is the wait on the Kipuna is blowing out- any other boards that people might recommend. I am looking for a drop deck with a fullish rounded rail and the option for two fins if possible.

Checked out the CWB wakesurf joker- anyone used one ? thoughts ? It would be great to get some thoughts from those who have used the stuff.

I am riding a 10m Naish Park in around 20 knots most of the time, love boosting airs and just starting to try kick flips and shove its. Slashing a bit of the shore break at the local as well but would like something that can handle a solid 3 foot swell.

Any thoughts or ideas ?
tryinghard
Grom

Share |

Re: Skim Alternatives

Postby Slyde » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:10 am

You are not going to want to hear this but I would definitely say WAIT FOR A KIPUNA!!
I finally got one of these 6 months ago and cannot believe what a great board it is. I still ride my skim when it is light or good skim conditions and a wakeskate when it is blowing hard or just choppy conditions but for everything else the Kipuna is fantastic. I hardly ride my surfboard at all now. The Kipuna handles all wind conditions, is a blast in flat and surf, great weight for ollies and grabs, built strong etc. I never miss the volume. The other day we had some pretty harsh winds and surf. I rode my surfboard for a while then changed to the kipuna. It was so much easier to ride than the surfboard. The only time a surfboard may be better IMHO is light winds with nice surf when the volume is useful for glide, but then that is great skim conditions too. Put in the order and wait, you wont regret it. The 5'8 rocks!
Slyde
Slyde
Shuv-it

Share |

Return to Ripping on your Skimmy