Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Sweet new skimboard!

This is the place to talk about riding styles, tricks, conditions, what works, what doesn't on your skimboard. Wondering about what skimboard to get for kiting? Post it all here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

Sweet new skimboard!

Postby cynbad » Wed May 06, 2009 2:19 pm

Here is my new, custom, pro shape Exile skimmer!!! It is 2" longer and .5" wider then my other one. Anyone who has ever ridden my old Exile is blown away by how easy it is to control, and how much fun it is! Can't wait to get out of the mountains and back on the water.
Attachments
Pink skimmer.jpg
Pink skimmer.jpg (93.7 KiB) Viewed 34972 times
cynbad
Shuv-it

Share |

Re: Sweet new skimboard!

Postby patrickrynne » Wed May 06, 2009 10:53 pm

sick board dude!

(joking)

dimensions?
patrickrynne
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Lonny » Thu May 07, 2009 12:33 am

Look at the proud new parent! :D That is a nice looking board! 8) Did you sell your old board? Just wanted to get something new? I would be curious of knowing the overall dimensions as well, and how it compared to your older board. Let us know how you like you new baby. :wink: It would be great if you could also post your feedback on your board here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=157

I am trying to build a database of all the users boards so other people can pick a new skim, and research different skims based on real rider's feedback. Whenever you have some time it would be great to have yours.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Yann » Thu May 07, 2009 3:36 am

Nice looking board! Yes please post the dimensions.
- sorry it's in swedish but pictures are international ;-)
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Dready » Thu May 07, 2009 4:59 am

looking good.....

i hope that board is even better that your last one so we can see more amazing pictures on it.

please keep me imform of what you up to we allready working on the next issue (finally ) i just arrive to day ago to europe and we working like crazy to get it out on the net soon.

to every one soon we well have it the next issue of kiteskimming.com and we will like to have all of you on it, plus hopefully we will get loony to write a colum if he wants (we need his expert advise)

any how boys i will try to post this week a full review on the forum over 8 diferent skimboards that i have being testing during this time on the caribbean.

peace
Dready
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby cynbad » Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 am

I still have my old board and love it, but wanted to try something a little bit bigger with a slightly different shape. My thoughts being that the bigger surface would handle extra speed, have easier 'pop' and be easier to grab. Old board is size XS 19.25" x 49.75; Hybrid shape (wider nose, and shorter in length for more forgivness); with S Glass (More flexible yet light like carbon fiber), and a constant rocker. It is Super skatey and playful.
New board is a size Small 19".75 x 51.75"; Pro shape (longer and narrower in the nose for speed); S Glass, and constant rocker. I normaly ride in winds 20-30mph with chop. The bigger board might be bouncier, but I am hoping that the longer outline will be easier to rail in for loading up airs, and the bigger surface area will super glue to my feet when pressed into the wind. I'll let you know......I think we are heading to California at the end of the month!!!
cynbad
Shuv-it

Share |

Return to Ripping on your Skimmy