Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

LF skimsurf, skimskate?

This is the place to talk about riding styles, tricks, conditions, what works, what doesn't on your skimboard. Wondering about what skimboard to get for kiting? Post it all here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

LF skimsurf, skimskate?

Postby sundogchicky » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 pm

while working for kitewindsurf a few years back i had access to a liquid force surfskim thing that was actually quite fun, twinn tippy fins a kinda fat thing.
anyone else have or ridden one? would be a sweet wave skim for the cheater or a directionless surfsk8ty toy? they were a real big hit when i was teaching there ,NOT.
noone would even look at em. :(
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Re: LF skimsurf, skimskate?

Postby Lonny » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:23 am

Big Ian rides for LF, and I asked him to let one of his boys come on here and tell us about that board, and also the new model they came out with recently. So far nothing. :? I will email him again and see if we can get some information on it posted here.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby gle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:15 pm

I have one of the LF Skim Skates. I use it both behind a boat and with my kites. The one I have is 54"x 20.3", 3 small fins on the tail and and one on the nose. It is lots of fun and very turny. It is not the earliest planner as there is a bit of rocker. It rides well both ways but is much looser going backwards. I tend to prefer wakesurfers with less rocker for use with my kites but that is just a personal preference the skim skate works well, just requires more power from the kite. I have an Obrien Alias TT that I recently purchased that I will be trying out in a couple of weeks with the kite. It is a little wider and has a bigger section of flat in the middle and being twin tip will work equally both ways. Both the liquid force and the Obrien are very tough boards and very hard to damage. Of course with that extra strength comes increased weight. I do not find the weight any problem, you just loose a little bottom end. I found the LF handles chop really well and was easy to go up wind once powered and turns fast in a more skid type of fashion rather than locked carve. The other big plus is that these type of wakesurfer are usually quite a bit cheaper than a kite board of similar size. I have 3 wake surfers and probably kite on them 50% of the time. I really enjoy using different boards. Let me know if there is any thing else that you would like to know.
gle
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Yann » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Is this the one you are talking about? Varial 42".

http://www.liquidforcekites.com/gear/board/wakeskate

...or have anyone tried it? I'm looking into buying one.
- sorry it's in swedish but pictures are international ;-)
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby sundogchicky » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 pm

gracias thats a perfect explanation on the LF and of course the obriens. as for that wakeskate yann. thatd be pretty damn cool. super fun for a box slider or
rail. that wasnt what iwas talking about but want to try something in that mode. have been cotemplating decking my TT for that effect but kinda want some butter and rails for it. whadda ya gunna JIB with it? I cant wait to see someof that action and they cant take up much room in the rig.
and i actually just took off the booties ,didnt lose em, and i look like clint eastwood from Hand EmHigh with my hoody rash!! i tell people i got rolled in me lines , really rough sex, wet/dry vac accident, manatee mauling and sometimes even wetsuit rash. but i did go duct tape shopping and your right !!they do have
some cool colors ,but some of the hues are a little off from my kite gear. Should i wait for sun fade to even them out ?or go find a custom tape maker to properly
color coordinate? maybe a different manufacturer? do you know of a particular duct tape brand that makes ducttapes that match the 09 cabrinha crossbow ids colors? id like to ride today but i really do have to get this stuff sorted first!! :roll:
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby Yann » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Hahaha, whatever floats your boat chicky. I usually go with black if I can find it or silver for the retro look. Less is more! A set of brightly colored fins is bold enough for me. Broke my only pair of colored fins so I'm back on plain vanilla now. Besides from that I'm like Johnny Cash and dress in black until there is peace in the world. 8) Not even a big fan of boardshorts outside the wettie.

As for the wakeskate, yes I was way of there. Kind of mixed them up. I don't really know what to use it for since I've never tried one. I'm planning on building a small portable rail that I can put on the roof rack of my car (for transporting it). Maybe one that folds into two pieces. I'm picturing my self riding that or maybe launch of some small wave kickers. But as I said, got to try it first. I guess they need a lot of wind to get going properly even if this one is made for kiting. Have to see what the price will be. Everything is super expensive here now. Kite gear that is imported in euros or dollars are up 25% this year and I'm lucky to still have a job but don't know for how long if it continues like this.
- sorry it's in swedish but pictures are international ;-)
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Return to Ripping on your Skimmy