Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Any TTs?

This is the place to talk about riding styles, tricks, conditions, what works, what doesn't on your skimboard. Wondering about what skimboard to get for kiting? Post it all here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

Any TTs?

Postby mattv » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:30 am

How many people here have given up the TTs all together and only go strapless? I am slowly getting rid of all of my TT's and hope to eventually go 100% strapless. The only thing I need know is a light wind strapless surfboard. I am looking at a 5' 10" Fish right now.

mv
http://www.kitesurfinfo.com
mattv
Shuv-it

Share |

Re: Any TTs?

Postby sundogchicky » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:36 pm

how bout removing the straps and decking TTs? maybe mounting an upper skate deck? wake skate style? IM still keeping a binded tt in the van for flying around in the nukies and keeping the timing crisp for the snow/land crossover.
KE9A7503.jpg
KE9A7503.jpg (7.81 KiB) Viewed 50780 times

photo by jasonwolcottphotography.com

please forgive me!! as i have sinned!! :evil:
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby Lonny » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:20 pm

mattv wrote:How many people here have given up the TTs all together and only go strapless? I am slowly getting rid of all of my TT's and hope to eventually go 100% strapless. The only thing I need know is a light wind strapless surfboard. I am looking at a 5' 10" Fish right now.

I gave up my riding my TT a few years ago, and I don't think I will ever go back. If I get in the mood to just go out and boost some huge jumps I will jump on a TT, but I get more satisfaction out of landing a 4 foot strapless jump then a 30 foot air. That being said, one of the best aspects of our sport is the freedom to apply the power of the kite to whatever style of riding you like. Whatever floats your boat I say. I don't think one stlye of riding is better or cooler than any other, but whatever motivates you to go out and ride is where its at in my book. :D

sundogchicky wrote:please forgive me!! as i have sinned!! :evil:

Dude, no way. That is a killer shot! I would not beg for any forgivness for that pic! 8) I love all the "old school" board offs, and I think kitesurfing is much more interesting to the average person that sees huge jumps and board offs. There is no doubt that the new school wake stuff is much more technical, but it is hard for the average person to even figure out what is going on - let alone the ordinary kitesurfer.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby brass » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:52 pm

I have to say I still have mine and ride it often. As has been pointed out already, the sweet thing about kiting is that there are so many ways to get a stoke from it. That said I wouldn't be sad if I retired it someday.

And the sweet thing about this site is that nobody is 'dissing' other riding styles and I love that. Other sites seem to promote so much hate, suggesting that wake style is the only way for example. It is such a shame particularly because I love use kiting to escape the sometimes judgemental world and express my own style for nobody but me.

Maybe this is in the wrong secion but...as for your fish shopping...I just picked this up and spent half as much as I have on any tt and about the same as my skim. I have no idea how it will ride.
ana-glider-1.jpg
ana-glider-1.jpg (95.33 KiB) Viewed 50741 times
brass
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby mattv » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Nice looking board. What are the dimensions?

mattv
mattv
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby mattv » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:07 pm

brass wrote:Other sites seem to promote so much hate, suggesting that wake style is the only way for example. It is such a shame particularly because I love use kiting to escape the sometimes judgemental world and express my own style for nobody but me.

Let me tell you. I get the triple whammy on some other sites.

1. I ride foil kites. Apparently this is a big no no.
2. I ride strapless. Getting more attention but still seen as a little odd by some.
3. I wear a helmet and impact vest on every session. Major kook factor!

mattv
mattv
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Lonny » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:38 pm

mattv wrote:
Let me tell you. I get the triple whammy on some other sites.

1. I ride foil kites. Apparently this is a big no no.
2. I ride strapless. Getting more attention but still seen as a little odd by some.
3. I wear a helmet and impact vest on every session. Major kook factor!

mattv

I have said it before, Lose the Straps is all about the stoke and not the stroke. I am not here to host a board and judge people about what they choose to ride and how they ride it. I have been sponsored by Cabrinha for many years, and I do think we offer fantastic kites, boards, and accessories, but I have no interest in ridiculing other people's gear or what works for them. When I get asked about my opinion on gear that I ride I will give them an honest answer about it regardless of my relationship with Cabrinha. At the end of the day one's integrity is worth a lot more than any sponsorship. I do think there is room for healthy debate or discussion, but not to be cruel just because its different than the norm. Heck, anyone that is a member of this board is already thinking outside the box. :wink:
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Kaito » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 am

I'm guilty too: strapless, finless, and tubeless..

Last 2~3 sessions, I've taken a TT out to the beach in case I wanted to change out to it, but its stayed parked. 8)
Even when nicely powered, I've just been staying on the skim 100%.

Will I hop on a TT again? - most likely so. :mrgreen: And it'll probably feel like I'm cheet'n! :lol:
Its all about the fun, not what or how we ride.

K.
Kaito
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby brass » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:35 pm

mattv wrote:Nice looking board. What are the dimensions?

mattv

5'10"x18 3/4" x 2 1/4"

And again thanks Lonny for the vibe here.
brass
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby mattv » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:55 am

brass wrote:5'10"x18 3/4" x 2 1/4"

Have you had a chance to get the board on the water? How does it ride?

mattv
mattv
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby chanson » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Hmmm...

I go, strapless on skim or surf.

When the slider boys in HR have the park set-up, I get my TT with boots.

I figure if there aren't any sliders or kickers out there, I'm staying on my skim.
Ocean, almost always on my surf, unless it's too light....then it's again the skim.

I was in SPI for the past 4 days... brought the TT with boots for wakestyle on the flats. Didn't even screw the boots on. Rode the skim the whole time..... Yeah, it was kinda light at times, but how could I pass-up butter water in the flats, or waist high waves without my skim...? :wink:

Whatever floats your boat... 8)
chanson
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Yann » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:55 am

Mine is out for sale now and I'm not planning on buying a new one for 2009. I have an old TT from 2006 with wake bindings that I might take out for a spin if I'm up for it. Can't really remember last time I was on out on a TT but it was probably in June. I've packed the board in the car numerous times but it just ends up on the beach unused.
- sorry it's in swedish but pictures are international ;-)
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby brass » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 pm

mattv wrote:
brass wrote:5'10"x18 3/4" x 2 1/4"

Have you had a chance to get the board on the water? How does it ride?

mattv

Sorry it has taken me so long (work has been killing me) but no I have not gotten a chance to get it out on the water. Unfortunately it may be some time before I do. Any kiting in my near future looks to be on the snow.
brass
Getting Wet

Share |

Return to Ripping on your Skimmy