Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

LF Sequence

Are you putting those sneaks to good use on your wakeskate? Got a question about gear or a trick related to wakeskating? Post it here!

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

LF Sequence

Postby Stack » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 am

Anyone got an opinion on the LF sequence wakeskate; how does is compare to the Cabrinha and Toma? I've been some amazing deals on the 2011 (@real for $110). And seems like a cheap entry to the world of wakeskating.

Also does the kitescoop first post rule apply here? I guess not :roll:
Stack
Grom

Share |

Re: LF Sequence

Postby Todd » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Well, I have both the Tona Driftwood, and the Cabrinha 2011 Wakeskate EVA. The Driftwood comes with a bag and both EVA and Grip Tape. You have to apply it yourself. The board is literally a chunk of wood that is CNC cut and shaped, then painted with high impact lacquer; it comes with crews and two plastic fins. The Cabrinha board has a 2D wood core with an ABS rail (this is quite simply RAD because if you drop the board on the rail, which you will, it won't even take on water), with top and bottom sheet. The EVA deck is applied (you can also get Grip Tape version for less $$$, but it's not 3D shaped like the EVA), there is no bag, but the fins are much higher quality. The Cabrinha board is slightly less heavy and is Jason Stone's design; he is the master on a wakeskate. The Tona feels a bit chnuckier, so figure it will be better for a heavy person in a lot of wind (maybe 1-1.5 lbs lighter). The Tona is slightly more rounded on the corners and I think 2cm shorter. Both ride really well, so it's really a matter of personal preference. In either case, you are going to get a much better price than the LF. Lastly, the EVA is very thin on the Tona while is can be thick on the Cabrinha because the Tona is a 3D CNC shaped chunk of wood, while the Cabrinha is like a thick twin tip construction with a 3D EVA pad. Have fun!
Todd
Shredder

Share |

Postby Stack » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for all the information. So are you saying I should ignore the LF Sequence and only really consider with the Toma or the Cabrinha?

The simple appeal of the LF is the low low price and so long as it performs reasonably (I'm most certainly not an accomplished wake skater); upwind blah blah blah. Then it sounds too good to turn down but by the same standards if it's a total dog then its money wasted.
Stack
Grom

Share |

Postby Todd » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:11 pm

I don't know anything about the LF. Just make sure it is designed for kitesurfing. The rocker from a regular wakeskate won't work with a kite.
Todd
Shredder

Share |

Postby Stack » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 am

Yeah it's kite specific but much closer in design to the boat skate - sits a little deeper and lacks uw. I thinks it's going to have to be the tona or cab

Cheers for the feedback
Stack
Grom

Share |

Postby chenzo » Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 am

(i don't really ride for any of the companies - not a pimp) but anyways i just got the 2012 Naish skate and had a sesh on it the other day. it has about the same upwind as the 2011 cabrinha (which is good), but is heavier(which is good as well). all i can say is the naish has mad pop!! i rode it finless, and it looks kinda big but, it is 120x42. i guarantee it pops twice as high or more than any of the other 2011 skates. Was pretty easy to shuv, so easy, i landed switch fs bigspin first try, and because of the amount of air this thing can get, i got three new grabs i've never done before with a skate on straight airs. i havn't ridden the cab '12 or the tona, so i can't really comment on them - but from what i hear (read) i would get one of those as well. i havn't heard anything good about the '11 LF - i think the issue is that it's too small ?? but for around a hundred bucks, ya can't go wrong. it won't be the last skate ya buy.
chenzo
Grom

Share |

Return to Tearing it up on your Wakeskate