Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

wake skate shoes

Are you putting those sneaks to good use on your wakeskate? Got a question about gear or a trick related to wakeskating? Post it here!

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

wake skate shoes

Postby Strez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi i`m new to the shoe riding thing . i`ve just spent two days riding in a set of jet pilot reflex's and while they seamed comfortable at the start i've ended up with blisters on my big toes . to be fair i spent a lot of time landing in shalow water either runing or skidding after hundreds of messed up pop shuv-its ( managed to land a few :D ) just wondering if anyone has suffered a similar symptom and what shoes they've tried .
Strez
Grom

Share |

Re: wake skate shoes

Postby Strez » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:31 am

tried a set of 1mm surf sox but didn't like them . got a set of globe THE GOODS much better walked a bit and no adverse effects on newly healed blisters , lighter and didn't retain as much sand either . sweet !!
Strez
Grom

Share |

Postby sflinux » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi,
This year I tried shoes out. I'm used to riding with booties because I'm a wus when it comes to foot injuries. For years, I wore low top river booties (thick sole) as there are barnicles and other sharp stuff near the bay shore. In the surf, I wear a hi-top surf bootie for warmth (thin sole). I remember I used to always get blisters when I rode with straps, even with the booties. When I switched to strapless riding, my feet were much happier.
My river booties were getting worn and the size I had was feeling small (big toe used to get sore), so I tried an old pair of river running shoes. I love the feeling. My feet would fall asleep in my river booties. Now I use the shoes exclusively on the bay on surfboards, skimboards, and wakeskates. I was considering putting a deck pad on my skimboard and surfboard for padding and grip. But the shoes have plenty of grip and all the padding I need. I've heard others recommend cheap skate shoes for wake skating. I've also heard of other using running shoes. I'd definitely recommend that you try running shoes. They have plenty of grip of a EVA wakeskate, more grip than my thin sole surf booties.
sflinux
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby sflinux » Sat May 11, 2013 11:26 am

My river running shoes have mesh for water to drain. When walking in sand, this lets in sand, which can give you blisters. There is no turning back in wearing shoes for me (I still wear surf booties in the surf). I picked up some high top neoprene socks and now wear them inside my river running shoes. No more sore feet.
http://www.oneill.com/#/men/europe/collection/men/wetsuits/surf/boots_hoods_gloves/heat_sock_pair_1/black/
sflinux
Getting Wet

Share |

Return to Tearing it up on your Wakeskate