Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Skim Shots

This is the place to post your pictures and youtube videos showing off your strapless sickness! Show us the goods. Prepare for the praise or the punishment. Hey if you never show it, we will never know it!

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

Skim Shots

Postby Lonny » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:23 am

Here are some images that were shot by Harrison Diamond on July 8, 2008. Please click on the image to see it full size so you don't have to scroll.

This is a trick that I just learned, which I jokingly call a Flat 1, but is an Ollie to Blind with an air pass. It is a fun one, and I was pretty stoked when I landed it for the first time.
Lonny_Flat_1.jpg
I call it a Flat 1 :-)
Lonny_Flat_1.jpg (524.16 KiB) Viewed 21507 times

This is a new trick that I saw Mark Shinn do in that Nobile Video. Pretty challenging and I think looks cool as hell. It is a Ollie to Blind hooked in with an Ole.
ollie_blind_ole.jpg
Ollie to Blind to Ole
ollie_blind_ole.jpg (155.34 KiB) Viewed 21503 times

Well this is what I like to call the handlepass ham. :P
Handlepass_Ham.jpg
Hamming it up....
Handlepass_Ham.jpg (145.67 KiB) Viewed 21491 times

The one footer...
Mid_Transition.jpg
Mid-Transition
Mid_Transition.jpg (194.92 KiB) Viewed 21489 times
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Re: Skim Shots

Postby sundogchicky » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:08 pm

flippin rippin shots, crispy.... ya guys got me wanting to throw that shiz on my surfboard, some shinny skimmy surf influence. gracias for the inspiration its making the flat days way more fun. shoppping for skims.....what am i looking for, you know what i ride as far as conditions.
id kida like to get into some bigger surf with it, whats bill bryan riding at say chopes? ya know?
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby Lonny » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Thanks. I was lucky enough to get Harrison, who is one of the staff photographers for the UF athletic department. :D He is an awesome photographer and he walked out about a half mile in muck laden water to get these shots. All props to him.

Its funny now, if there are no waves, all I want is the flattest shallow water I can find. Skims make those conditions almost as epic as a good wave day... well not quite.. LOL :P

I have a few more that are sequence shots that I hope to post shortly. I think you might like them.

Since you ride in chop to good sized surf I think you are going to want a skimmer with optional fins. Personally, I don't even like fins on my skimmer in surf because it takes away from the pure skim sensation and then also you try to ride it like a surfboard. However, I think you should decide what you like and thus need the option for fins. What is your weight and what wind do you want to be able to use it up to? I don't know what Bill Bryan uses, but Todd might. I will ask him.

Email me your mailing address. I want to send you some stickers and possibly a t-shirt.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Chooch » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:05 pm

I have a cyclon custom Skim made by Gavin Spowart in S. Africa. It is a squar tail with 4 fins, I agree with Lonny about the fins though. It could be good to use the two rear fins in the bigger surf if you like.....either way I like that I came with the fins. It was about $350 shipped to my door in the US....well worth it. I will try to post up some pics of it later on....going out for a butter skim session right now 8)

http://www.cyclonekiteboarding.com/inde ... cf9685e343
Chooch
Getting Wet

Share |

Return to Show us what you got!