Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

another turn

This is the place to post your pictures and youtube videos showing off your strapless sickness! Show us the goods. Prepare for the praise or the punishment. Hey if you never show it, we will never know it!

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

another turn

Postby sundogchicky » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:39 pm

After a three hour lesson , nothing feels better than a lil session. Much better than clenching tightly to another mans buttox ass he drags us through the sand and surf. I look forward to my female clients, much better for the ego.
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Re: another turn

Postby Slyde » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:54 am

You've been working on your fingerflips you sly dog. Lookin good.
Me I'm chilin' out in Brazil for a few days. Been skimming the 8 mile downwinder from Cumbuco to the lagoon toeside righthander the whole way, then hamming it up on the lagoon. De localz think I loco! Been trying to nail your full planing frontside ole on the lagoon. I'm drinkin a lot of lagoon i can tell you but yesterday nailed it switch finally (once).Its a lot harder than it looks. See if I can repeat it today and try it regular. Skim Milk has been on frame by frame alot the last few days!!
Keep them videos coming.
Slyde
Slyde
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Lonny » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:50 am

SDC - NICE! You are looking super smooth. Getting some good pop too. Great stuff. How are you liking the new 11?

You should come down here and give some lessons. There are some guys on South Beach who would love you riding on their back. :P
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby sundogchicky » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:20 am

muchas gracias, thanks for watching any of my crap!!
the new cabrinha crossbow 11 is sooooo insane,
but what else can you expect when harry potter is now heading up R&D for cabrinha.

congrats on the switch ole! and again on killing the 8 milers and representing kiteskim in brazil.

I dont think there are any finger flips in there ,but i guess i gotta call em what i was trying, the indy grab "varial" transitions are from SkimStoke, i noticed they were heelside popping then grabbing method,as they did A transition air and 180 board varialed into a indy grab, so cool. i call it varial because the stance never switches only the board does the 180 by hand movement not feet. others im trying to do a frontside pop shuv, which turns the board 180 , grabbing stalefish, then toss it or stick it back under while doing the tranny air. thinking of breaking out the nine and going for the full kiteloopers , but im scared. the un grabbed versions that dready does are frightening.

Fun to do trannys with no change ,just pop, grab stale and go the other way but i forgot to do some and other trickery like finger flips to darkside AKA "lonmower"

i like to pick something from skimstoke and all the other vids on here to learn each session. skimming just keeps getting funner and funner,
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby brass » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:20 pm

Damn sundog that is lookiin smoove. A couple of really nice hits there. Man what I would do for an 11m/skim/wave session right now. I was hoping to have some Labor Day-inland-wyoming-cow punching-skim photos to offer but instead all I got was a swim in a cow pond and a nice walk of shame back courtesy of land locked winds (or lack there of). Man do I need to relocate. Glad somebody is getting coastal goodies. Keep it coming.
brass
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Slyde » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Another move I nailed today is a wakeboard move. It is essentially starting from wrapped heelside regular stance and "unwrapping". So it like a 360 that starts from wrapped. to get wrapped you can either let go with your back hand after unhooking and pass your back hand behind your back to reach the bar again or I guess you could do a back spin to wrapped (havent tried that yet). Then let go with your front hand and do a backside 360 spin-cooooool. Remember to keep the kite lowish and bear off a little to depower the kite. What I'm wanting to work on is a double spin. The first one from wrapped and the second one as a regular spin to blind with a pass. I need a longer leash to try it. The other thing i think would be cool is a shuvit 180 then riding tail first unhook and go to blind and pass the bar, but instead of spinning back to heelside do a heelside carve transition like the twin tippers do after landing blind. If it works like I think you should get a sweet carving heelside transition.
So many possibilities.
BW nailed a half dozen oles today, all switch but still none regular! Its been nukin here in Brazil. 8m every day, could have used a 7. Makes all the board grabs tougher because you dont get the kite to hang as much as a bigger kite. Gotta be on your game more.
Slyde
Slyde
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby guenthegun » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:16 am

Really nice vid.

Footage like this inspired me to try it myself...

Thanks
guenthegun
Grom

Share |

Postby sundogchicky » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:29 am

sweet, thanks guys. im gunna havta think about those tricks your describing, techy shiz there. i have to learn the not so simple blind pass first.
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby Kaito » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:39 am

Two thumbs & two big toes up! :mrgreen:
Great riding!
Kaito
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Return to Show us what you got!