Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL FUN......

Welcome to losethestraps.com - the original site dedicated to kitesurfers that are evolving the strapless scene. Please introduce yourself to the forum by posting here.

Moderator: Lonny

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL FUN......

Postby Naz » Fri May 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey guys!!!!!!!!
Today was my first time....... and i LOVED it..... and yes i am talking about riding strapless!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll be short and will start from the very beginning...hehe
Found this site about 8 months ago and since that time wanted to try kitesurfing on a skim board, but never really had a chance to do it. Untill today......
The instructor i know let me try his Nobile skim on our local spot. Took me about 2 minutes figuring out how to start, and maybe 2-3 tires to actually start riding. Well what can i say..... it turns out I am a screamer :lol: :lol: :lol: I was going YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS, HOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SH.......T, YEAAAAAAHHHH, I'm doooooooing it, UPPPWIIIIIIIIIND!!!!!!!!, etc. If it wasn't for word "upwind", i'd sound like bad German pron :lol: :lol: :lol:
To get on a board i used the technique described somewhere here, where you are not jumping on a board but start as you would normally do on twintip (with your behind in water). I found it pretty easy to get on a board and didn't have any issues at all riding the skim with no fins and straps. Being able to ride twintip it was pretty easy, BUT SO MUCH MORE FUN!!!! The feeling was like all the time since i started kitesurfing i was riding with a backpack full of potatoes (not sure why potatoes, just felt that way :roll: ) and now i got rid of it and it's soooooooo easy and free. I think those of you who already ride strapless know exactly what i'm talking about.
And all this was on a Nobile board, and as far as i understood from reading the forum it's not even close to what you feel on a REAL (e.g.Zap) skim, which i'm definitely getting in the nearest future (if i can figure out how to get it shipped to Ukraine). So if anyone of you has a used zap skim in resonably good condition and price, please let me know and i'll try to find the way to ship it over here.
So, let me just say THANK YOU for this site and for the whole strapless movement, it all worth it, and i'm joining.
Naz
Grom

Share |

Re: NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL FUN......

Postby Lonny » Fri May 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey Naz,

That is awesome! 8) It is great to hear that LTS has inspired you to try something new, and you are clearly stoked! Thank you for sharing that stoke, as it pushes all of us forward. Makes my day when I read posts like yours.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Re: NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL FUN......

Postby steph » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:36 am

I recently bouth a Zap Pro Medium skimboard from http://www.skimcity.com and had it shipped to Spain. Ask Greg if he can do it to Ukraine. He really is on top of things and I had the skim at home in less than a week!

Steph
steph
Getting Wet

Share |

Return to Welcome