Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

web sites for used surfboards and skimboards

Welcome to losethestraps.com - the original site dedicated to kitesurfers that are evolving the strapless scene. Please introduce yourself to the forum by posting here.

Moderator: Lonny

web sites for used surfboards and skimboards

Postby iwave » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi, I am Vincent. I am new to this web site.

I'd like to start riding strapless, so I guess I am at the right place here... ;-)

I want to buy a surfboard or a skimboard, or both! (or perhaps even a wakesurfer).
After reading tons of posts on the forums I made up a list of possible boards which should fit my needs.
For my first strapless board, I'd like to have a board that is good to play around with in light wind. It should also be fun in the flat water (most of the times) or small mushy waves (occasionally). Being able to use this board for wakesurfing or river surfing would be a plus. So anyway, I made up a list of boards which should fit these requirements.

But before buying new gear, I'd like to see if I can find one of these board used somewhere...
So I wanted to ask to the people of the forum if they know good web sites in North America to buy used surfboards and skimboards.
Of course there is ebay but I don't think it's the best site for that kind of gear. The other site I know is ikitesurf but I was wondering if there are are specialized web sites for used surfboards or skimboards.

Thanks a lot for any feedback

Vincent
iwave
Grom

Share |

Re: web sites for used surfboards and skimboards

Postby Lonny » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:25 am

Hey Vincent,

Welcome to Lose the Straps! If you want to go strapless you found the right site! There are many people here that will help you along the way.

The best place I have found for used gear are local surf shops, and garage sales. Often times you can find really good deals in shops in your area. Also, check those weekend garage sales. I have had a few friends find nice skims and surfboards to be had for $10 or $20. Moms clean out the house, their kids move away, etc. Great deals to be had there. Also, I like Craig's List because it is for local listings, and I like to touch and see the gear I buy used. I am not a fan of opening a box and being surprised.

Let us know if you find anything better along the way.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Return to Welcome