Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

Welcome!

Welcome to losethestraps.com - the original site dedicated to kitesurfers that are evolving the strapless scene. Please introduce yourself to the forum by posting here.

Moderator: Lonny

Welcome!

Postby Lonny » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:42 am

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little bit about yourself. where you kite, what you like to ride, etc.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Re: Welcome!

Postby general » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Hey everyone,
Im 16 and ive been kiting since September 2004, and it was just last year that i found out that strapless wave riding was my style :)
I ride the F.one Bandits and ride a 6" surf board which is my baby.
Live in Perth, Australia where we get some awesome winds and waves :wink:
Just started to enter wave riding comps around australia and Australia is defiantly one country that a huge number of riders are moving towards strapless wave riding, so ill have to get this forum out to them.
Thanks,
Sam King

unstraped, unhooked and untwintiped
general
Grom

Share |

Postby Lonny » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Hey General,

That is awesome. Man, only 16 and you have been kiting for 4 years already :!: Nice :!:

Thanks for helping to spread the word about losethestraps. This is your place and our home for our style of riding.

Like LTS on Facebook

Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Daco » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:41 am

Hi everyone!

I am from Croatia - Europe, I am 28 and started kitesurfing 3 years ago,windsurfing about 10 years...
For now I have 2 kites- 10m rhino and 14m rebel and in search of a 7m.I really like the strapples style and I think it is going to be my only way of kitesurfing. I do not really like twin tip boards...maybe that is becaouse I came from windsurfing.

you have a great site with lots of good info and I hope it will go on and on

go bare foot :!:

daco
Daco
Grom

Share |

Postby Lonny » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:11 am

Hi Daco,

Welcome to Lose the Straps! Thank you for introducing yourself. its interesting that you said that you came from a Windsurfing background, and that is why you do not really like twin tips. I also was a Windsurfer for about 15 years, and the first board I learned on was a directional because I thought it was going to be easier for me. Of course, I was wrong! :oops: That directional was quite hard to learn with and when I got on a TT it was so much easier. Although I pretty much never ride mine anymore, and its quite lonely now. Might need to find it a new home. :wink:

I look forward to hearing about your strapless adventures from Croatia. By the way? How did you find us?

Lonny

Like LTS on Facebook

Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Daco » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:05 am

Hi Lonny!

I started looking about strapless kitesurfing on kiteforum.com and then somebody mentioned LST.the rest is history :D
lucky me :D
As soon as the autunm starts here I will post some fresh pics here of my spots/riding so you can se some parts of my country. We don't have to many great wave spots.Few wave spots whitch are rare in function.Some spots have chop from1-2m up to 4m height.We get what we get :D and ride it.

see you

Daco
Daco
Grom

Share |

Postby mattmaddaloni » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:06 am

Hi there. Wicked site.
I'm 31 and a sponsored rock climber for 12 years. Now all I do is ride my 6' LF Rawson and fly my LF HiFi. Loving it! I live in Squamish, BC, Canada, and we don't have any waves but the wind is always rockin! Ride a lot on the snow here too around Whistler. I do get to the Oregon Coast in USA and Tofino on Vancouver Island for awesome wave sessions and just got back from Cabarete DR. It's my first year and all I can think about is how to rock harder on my strapless stick! Thanks for setting up the site guys, tons of fun.
Matt,-Sound-Slash.jpg
Matt,-Sound-Slash.jpg (29.12 KiB) Viewed 83379 times
mattmaddaloni
Grom

Share |

Postby Lonny » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:03 am

mattmaddaloni wrote:Hi there. Wicked site.
I'm 31 and a sponsored rock climber for 12 years. Now all I do is ride my 6' LF Rawson and fly my LF HiFi. Loving it! I live in Squamish, BC, Canada, and we don't have any waves but the wind is always rockin! Ride a lot on the snow here too around Whistler. I do get to the Oregon Coast in USA and Tofino on Vancouver Island for awesome wave sessions and just got back from Cabarete DR. It's my first year and all I can think about is how to rock harder on my strapless stick! Thanks for setting up the site guys, tons of fun.
Matt,-Sound-Slash.jpg

Hey Matt,

Welcome to LTS! Thanks for joining. Glad to hear you are ripping it up on your surfboard. That's a lot of rubber you got on there. Hope you warm up soon! Cool, rock climbing. 8)

BTW, how did you find out about LTS?

Like LTS on Facebook

Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby mattmaddaloni » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:19 pm

I was looking for strapless jumps and found LTS!
MM
mattmaddaloni
Grom

Share |

Postby Rolavi » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Great site! I have been lurking on here for awhile now and finally registered.

I am from Annapolis MD and having been riding 5'5" fish strapless in the Chesapeake and in the surf on Assateague Island and Hatterass for two years now.

This summer I traded in my 5'5" fish for a new 5'7" fish and added a Eric Roush 51 3/4" Morphius pro skim expoxy.

After my first two sessions I thought I made a misstake on the skim. However, I figured it out after few more session and found that I really haven't used my fish nor my twin tip much this year and have spent more than half my sessions so far on my skim. So much fun especially in smallish surf at low tide.

I need to progress a lot more but can do a few tricks and pop really small airs with some ramps. I can't wait until I can pop some airs like the guy Chanson.

I have been watching vids linked on here over and over. My bay riding has been inspired by Lon and my ocean session by sundog.

Wish this site had more activity and had vids from kiters like dready. His pictures look awesome.

Hopefully I will add some content soon when I get better.

Thanks again, Rob
Rolavi
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Lonny » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Hey Rob,

Welcome to Lose the Straps. Thank you for coming out of the shadows, and joining.

It great to hear that you have been getting lots of inspiration from our members. Certainly one of the main reason why I started the site. If we can inspire you to go out and try something new and different it makes me quite happy. :D I am sure more videos will be coming and content is being added slowly but at a decent pace. Keep in mind strapless still a very small sub-section of the kiting population, and of that group only a few spend their time to share it here on Lose the Straps.

Thanks again for joining, and let us know how we can be of any help. I look forward to seeing your posts of you in action! :twisted: Also, remember its not about what you can do, but how much you enjoy it. At the end of the day, that is all that really matters!

Like LTS on Facebook

Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby jacobhanson » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Hey all. Stumbled across your site when looking for videos on how to do transitions with a surf board. I didnt know what it was called but ended up finding the duck tac that i have been working on for a while now to no avail! ah well, persistence.

I am from close to Vancouver, Canada but spend my winters riding on the east coast of mexico and managing a kite school here called Morph at Kitebeach Tulum. Tons of fun for sure, but tough when you have nobody to learn strapless with. The water can be pretty choppy but when the swell comes in there are for sure waves to learn on! I mostly ride EH/Morph kites (12m,10m or 8m) but lacking in the board department. As of right now I have been fooling around on a 7sih foot gun but really need to get myself something more suited to the conditions and size...6'4, 200lbs.

Been looking around already, but for sure stoked on all the good information and knowledge on this site! thanks guys.
jacobhanson
Grom

Share |

Postby Lonny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:18 am

Hey jacobhanson,

Welcome to LTS! Thanks for joining us here. Glad you found a good amount of information to help you out. I am sure you can also find a good amount of information on find the right surfboard for you by researching the Shredding on your Surfboard board here:
viewforum.php?f=7

If you have specific questions about a particular board, or just some advice on what to look for post a question there and I am sure there will be some members that can give you some feedback. Finding the right board for the right conditions and your size can make a big difference.

Like LTS on Facebook

Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby funkster » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi everybody, I am Yiannis from Greece 8)

I started kitesurfing 2.5 years ago and recently I got a reaaaaaly sick board...the Underground Kipuna 5' 8''
It was my first ever experience with a surfboard and after a couple of strapped sessions I said to myself LOSETHESTRAPS and try again!
I am hooked forever :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am 72kg and ride Best Nemi 12m '08, Nemi 10m - 8m '09, North x-ride 135x39

Be safe and hope you give me some good info about this exciting new sport for me 8)
funkster
Grom

Share |

Postby doc1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Welcome yiannis! :P This is a great site!Enjoy!
doc1
Getting Wet

Share |

Next

Return to Welcome